One of the nearest and well-known European cities for tourists from Belarus is - Vilnius. This is not only an ancient city with many attractions and interesting places, but also today one of the main inexpensive logistics hubs from where it is possible to fly to other European countries. Since trains and planes from Minsk in this direction are currently unavailable, and you need to cross the land border (it is difficult to predict how long it will take), it is better to plan your trip with a small time margin, ideally staying at least one night in Vilnius. Near the railway (where by the way you can leave your luggage while walking around the city) and the bus station there are several good hotels, in the list of which - Hotel Panorama. This is one of the largest hotels in the city, built in 1965, but continues to hold its own and is fully consistent with 3 stars.
Room types can be called classic for such hotels. They differ slightly: a little more room, a little more bed, a little more toilet and so on. For those who are looking for a short-term host and an affordable price, they often choose the most common one - Standart Room (Twin).
A room in the Panorama Hotel is a room of 12-13 meters overlooking either the station or the old part of the city.
The complete set of the room is quite ordinary and without any frills - a double bed with a comfortable mattress, a work desk, a small TV, hangers.
The toilet has a hairdryer, soap and a towel.
Of the minuses:
There are very few outlets in the room (mine had only two).
– No kettle, mini-fridge or mini-bar.
- The room itself is compact, perhaps even too compact, for someone the place may not be enough.
Of the benefits:
– During the renovation of the hotel (trip end of April 2023) the prices were even lower than usual.
– The price of the room includes breakfast (it’s always nice when traveling).
- Convenient location. In the evening there is an opportunity to stroll through the old part Vilnius, and in the morning without any problems to go to airport. My opinion is that for "transshipment" tourists, this hotel is probably one of the best options in the city.
– The hotel, despite the renovation, was clean and without any extraneous odors.
– Friendly staff.
Breakfast at the hotel is a buffet, including a typical set: scrambled eggs, sausages, fruits, coffee, some sweets, cheese, toasts. Great for a bite to eat before the road.
A night at the Panorama Vilnius hotel cost $ 38 for two with breakfast (booked through Trip). At the time of choosing where to stay in the city, it was one of the best offers, it is more profitable only in a hostel. The hotel itself is located on Sodu str. 14, 01313, below is the point with the location on the map:
If you have a little more time in Vilnius, then I recommend taking sightseeing tour of the city.