Village Grushevka, Brest region, is known for its unique the estate of the Reytans. Since March 2020, active restoration of the entire estate complex has begun. When visiting these places, be sure to check out gothic chapel of Reitanov. It is located a few kilometers from the wooden estate, hidden on the edge of the forest.
The family tomb of a German family was built in the early 20th century, in 1910. Construction was carried out with the participation and assistance Heinrich Grabowski, to whom the possessions of the Reitans departed.
According to one version, the place for the construction of the chapel was not chosen by chance. Passed away here Jozef Reitan - the last owner and representative of the German family in the male line. Subsequently, they were reburied in the chapel and Tadeusz Reitana. A little later, at the turn of the 30s, a memorial stone was erected in honor of “Pan from Black Russia".
In front of the tomb there is a Gothic arch-gate and a fence, which were probably built a little later. In the old photos of 1917, they are not yet there, just as there is no massive forest around.
The history of these lands is rather confusing and often some facts contradict others. So in different sources you can find references to looting and looting tombs of the Reitans. For the first time this happened during the First World War, when Alina Reitan was alive. According to the recollections of the officer, the locals broke into the chapel and staged a pogrom with robbery. A similar situation is described on the information stand, where another date is indicated - the beginning of the 70s. The situation was similar.
Gothic chapel-tomb already overgrown with scaffolding, probably soon this place will change and look different. Good or bad, only time and the result of the restoration will tell. Inside the chapel, we were met by a calm black cat, who rested peacefully and closely watched the uninvited guests.
While in these parts, you can also look into Nacha village, where the manor house in the classical style has been preserved.