Svisloch, Grodno region, is a city rich in sights, many of which are in one way or another connected with the name Tyshkevich. One of the first representatives of this family who owned the Svisloch was Vincent Tyszkiewicz, the coat of arms of Leliv, he probably made the greatest contribution to the development of this town. Under him, a market square was built in Svisloch with a massive obeliskwhere the widely known Assumption Kirmash was held. The count also became the initiator and main sponsor of the opening of an academic gymnasium in the city, the graduates of which were many prominent figures. And on the site where today the city park is located in the first half of the 19th century, a Svisloch residence of the Tyshkeviches. To do this, Vincent rebuilt the ancient palace of Krishpin Kirshtein, completing 2 outbuildings on the territory and expanding the landscape park.
Unfortunately, this manor has not been preserved; only the foundation and cellars can be seen.
The figure in the photo below gives an idea of how the manor house of the Tyszkiewicz looked like. The building was one-story, but with an attic, completely wooden, had a complex sloping gable roof.
The main entrance was distinguished by a portico with a small balcony, and in front of it there was a park with a “ring” for carriages and a flower bed in the center. The estate had about 10 rooms, most of which were heated by Dutch tiled stoves. It should be taken into account that the main estate of Count Vincent Tyszkiewicz was located in Logoiskwhere there was a real palace on a grand scale.
Vincent had no direct heirs, so the rich Svisloch estate passed to his Logoisk nephew, Tadeusz Tyszkiewicz. This man was ardent and patriotic, actively participated in the revolution of 1830. For this he was severely punished - the land and the manor house were confiscated. Then, by decision of the Russian emperor, the landowner Peltsikh became the new owner of the estate in Svisloch.
The wooden manor house stood in its place until 1910, it is believed that it completely burned down in a fire and was no longer restored.
Today, Tyszkiewicz Park is one of the main recreation areas for local residents, and the question of a possible restoration of the old estate is periodically raised.
Below is a point with a mark of the place where the count's residence was located in Svisloch: