Leonpol, Vitebsk region, is closely related to the genus Lopatinskywho owned this estate from the middle of the 18th century. Before them the village was called Churilovichi, and received its sonorous “Leonpol” place in honor of Leon Lopatinsky. The estate in these parts appeared through the efforts Nicholas Tadeusz (son of the same Leon). Initially, it was a small house of baroque architecture with a landscape park on the banks of the Western Dvina.
For the design and construction of the estate, the Lopatinskys invited an Italian architect Abraham Genu (He also worked on the Oginsky's palace "Ganuta" in the village of Ruchitsa).
The manor house was completed 1750 year, however, in some sources there are later dates - 1769 year. Initially, the estate in Leonpol was planned to be used as a summer residence, but over time, the estate became a real family nest.
The Lopatinskys were devout people and actively donated to the construction of religious sites. So by 1782 in Leonpol finished wooden Uniate churchwhich has survived to this day.
Son of Nikolai Lopatinsky, Jan Nicodemus, continued his father's undertakings and invested in the development of his native land. In addition, he was quite patriotic and took the fading of the Commonwealth hard. In 1791, by his decision, the memorial column in honor of the adoption of the constitution on May 3.
For active participation in the uprising of 1830, the estate was confiscated and looted. Thus begins a rather dark and poor period in the history of Leonpol.
By a fortunate coincidence, the palace and lands returned to the Lopatinskys already in 1845, though in an extremely neglected form. Significant funds were required for restoration, which the old-new owners were in no hurry to invest.
A new rise in the region happened at the beginning of the 20th century, when the owner became Efsebiush Lopatinsky. Under him, for some time, Leonpol again becomes the cultural center of the region.
After the end of the Russian-Polish war, the palace is again in a dilapidated form. Efsebiush makes an unusual decision and gives his palace to the Catholics, who rebuild it in bosom.
Unfortunately, a new war and new misfortunes were approaching, which brought only destruction Leonpol manor-church. In Soviet times, a small dairy enterprise worked within these walls, then a technical school and a special school were opened. It is interesting that in the early 90s the building was again handed over to the Catholics, but the services, if they were held, were not for long. Now the estate looks abandoned, although its territory is fenced. At the entrance, near the destroyed wing, there is a memorial sign with information and the coat of arms of the Lopatinskys.
Finding a manor house is not difficult, near the church just turn left, below is a mark with a dot: