The International Kupala Festival will be held for the sixth time “HOLY SUN” 2023, which will be held at the Dudutki Museum Complex on June 24 and 25. A real extravaganza of Folk and Fire awaits you with a rich entertainment program.
What: FOLK&FIRE festival “HOLY SON”
When: 24–25 June 2023
Where: Dudutki, Minsk region
Билеты: from 50 rubles (for children from 25), online - here, it will also be possible to purchase at the box office of the Dudutki museum complex.
What's in store for the festival?
Traditionally, the organizers in 2023 paid special attention to the open-air concert, performances of fiery theaters and the reconstruction of ancient Kupala traditions and rituals. “HOLY SONTS” combines several separate events at once, united by a common concept:
- Festival of fire and pyrotechnics;
- Open-air concert featuring ethnic/folk/folk-rock/folk-metal bands, as well as related bands directions;
- A large fair of craftsmen, ethno sites, photo zones, art objects on the Kupala theme and sports zones;
- Ceremonial and entertaining blocks throughout the festival.
The official opening of the “HOLY SONTS” festival will take place on June 24 at 11.00 and will last until midnight. The final stage of the main program will be a torchlight procession of participants and guests of the festival to the banks of the Ptich River, where Kupala bonfires will traditionally blaze.
Who will perform?
The musical part will be presented by the following bands from Belarus:
- Ivan Kirchuk
- Frozen Garden
Festival of Fire and Pyrotechnics
The performance of the artists will be held from 20.50 to 23.00. An extravaganza of fire and pyrotechnics, bright costumes and images of actors, complex performance techniques and fantastic stunts will delight the guests of the festival for 3 hours. Speakers:
- Fiery circus “KRESIVA”,
- Ethno-studio "KETRI",
- Fiery theater "Etere",
- REY SHOW
What else will be at the festival?
• City of masters (Craft workshops: forge, pottery, weapons, stone processing, straw weaving, ritual doll, weaving, leather, jewelry, mint and much more).
• Kupala Fair (a real kirmash where you will find products from traditional craft workshops).
• Ethno-platform. Traditional ceremonies of Kupala celebrations, fortune-telling, weaving wreaths, a master class in ritual dances, etc. will be recreated here.
• Tavern (food and drinks, as without it).
• "Vyaskova area". Performances by dance and musical groups, street theaters, fakirs, performances on the Kupala theme, master classes in traditional dances, etc.
• Interactive platforms (more than 20 locations and attractions).
For guests of the festival will unfold camping (from 23 to 25 June 2023). The camp will be equipped with everything necessary for a comfortable outdoor recreation: dry closets, water, garbage containers. There will be an opportunity to buy firewood, rent a tent, bedding or barbecue facilities. Mobile showers with hot water will be installed.
How to get to the festival?
For the convenience of spectators, additional bus trips will be organized along the route. “Minsk – Dudutki – Minsk” and transfer along the route “Rudensk – Dudutki – Rudensk”.