One of the main attractions of the city Zaslavl is Transfiguration Church. The history of the temple dates back to the 16th century, when the Calvin collection was laid here. The original appearance of the temple was a structure surrounded by ramparts, with massive walls and loopholes. founder of the future Zaslavskaya church counts Yan Glebovich, which at that time owned the lands of Zaslavl.
In the 17th century, Zaslavl passed to Kazimir Sapegi, who invited Dominican monks to these parts. In 1678, a Dominican monastery was founded, to which the temple was transferred (at that time the church of St. Michael the Archangel). In the second half XVII centuries, the architectural appearance of the building has changed, the loopholes have been replaced by beautiful decorative elements of the Renaissance.
Since 1833, the Dominican order was abolished, and the temple was converted into the Uniate Church of the Transfiguration of the Savior. After 6 years, the temple became Orthodox. In the middle of the 19th century, the Zaslavl church was thoroughly reconstructed.
The church operated until the 30s of the 20th century, after which it was closed and used as a warehouse. During the Second World War, it was significantly damaged, but not destroyed. In the 70s, the building was restored, and a museum was housed within the walls of the temple. In 1990, the Transfiguration Church in Zaslavl was returned to the Orthodox denomination.
Today Church of the Transfiguration is a historical and archaeological monument of architecture. A place that really attracts tourists, both from Minsk, and other cities.
Also in the city of Zaslavl is located Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary.