Agrogorodok Trabs known since the beginning of the 15th century and probably got its name in honor of the founder - the Lithuanian prince Trabus. At one time, these lands were owned by the Golshansky princes, and in 1490 the town passed to Albrecht Gastoldwho by the way founded castle in Geraneny. There are several interesting sights in Trabach: Peter and Paul Church, mid-18th century и Neo-Gothic Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary.
The first wooden church on these lands appeared in 1534, under the same Albrecht Gashtold. Subsequently, on the site of numerous wooden predecessors, a stone temple was laid, which can still be seen today.
Construction began in 1900, and work on the temple took about 5 years.
Interestingly, the church in Traby was consecrated only in 1928. The exact reason for this delay is unknown.
In terms of its architecture, the temple is quite a typical example of the Neo-Gothic style, a sample of the first half of the 20th century. The church is made of yellow brick, has two three-tiered towers, the walls are decorated with buttresses and figured niches. Symmetrical massive sacristia adjoin the main volume, and the temple ends with a 5-sided apse.
During the war, the church suffered quite a lot from shelling - the towers were partially destroyed, and during the period from 1941 to 1944, several priests were killed, replacing each other.
Today the church in Traby is functioning, services are being held, and anyone can visit the temple.
The road goes away from the temple Zhemyslavawhere is preserved estate Umestovsky.
Below is the mark of the church on the map, as well as a video where there are shots with this temple:
The P48 road passes through the agricultural town of Traby, connecting Ivye with the village Golshany and city Oshmyany. Therefore, when planning a trip to sights of Belarus, it makes sense to include these points in your route.