In an urban village Porozovo, Grodno region, there are several interesting historical sites among which Church of St. Michael the Archangel. The temple was built on the site of 2 wooden predecessors in the first half of the 19th century (according to some sources, the oldest church dates back to 1460).
Works on the Mikhailovsky Church were carried out for 3 years - from 1825 to 1828. As a result, a worthy example of classical architecture was obtained. The building is rectangular, the main facade is visually divided into three parts by false columns, and above the entrance there is a triangular pediment decorated with a cornice with pilasters. The gable roof ends with a small turret with a cross. Rubble stone was used in the decoration of the walls, which adds authenticity and antiquity to the church.
In 1867, the Porozovsky church was closed for a short time and even planned to be taken away from believers, but the local residents were able to defend their right to have a Catholic parish. An interesting fact: the temple remained open in the Soviet post-war years, and in 1970 it was included in the list of architectural monuments of Belarus.
In front of the entrance to the church territory there is a massive three-arched gate of 1836, with niches in which bells are placed. One of these bells, by the way, moved to a new monastery from an old temple destroyed by lightning.
The building of the ancient plebanium looks no less interesting; it was built in 1907 and looks more like a panorama estate.
For many years, the Prozorov School worked within the walls of the former plebanium, on the Internet you can find old pictures with students standing under an arched portico.
It is also interesting what kind of sculpture or bust was on the pedestal in front of the building? Perhaps Lenin, who over the years was transported to the center of the urban village.
The church is located at the intersection of Padorskaya and Lenina streets, below is a point with a mark on the map: