Velyka Berestovitsa - This is a rather large urban settlement of the Grodno region. Located 56 kilometers from Grodno and about 10 kilometers from the border with Poland. Berestovitsa is well known among travelers in Belarus large-scale ruins of a Carmelite church. However, this is far from the only attraction of the village. Another interesting object in Bolshaya Berestovitsa is Church of the Transfiguration of the Lord.

Church in Velyka Berestovitsa

The church was built in 1912 at the expense and under the patronage of the count Kosakovsky. The temple is made of rubble stone and brick in the Neo-Gothic architectural style.

Church in Berestovitsa Grodno region

Velyka Berestovitsa

Like most other religious buildings in Belarus, in Soviet times the church was adapted for household needs. In 1965, an agricultural warehouse was placed within the walls of the temple.

Church of the Transfiguration of the Lord in the village of Velyka Berestovitsa

The building was returned to the Catholics only in the early 90s. Almost immediately, the church in the village was restored and opened to parishioners.

Temple in the village of Bolshaya Berestovitsa

What to see in Velyka Berestovitsa

Velyka Berestovitsa Belarus

The church has three naves, the dominant feature is a high three-tier belfry with a spire.

The village of Bolshaya Berestovitsa attractions

Above the entrance is a statue of Jesus Christ.

Statue of Jesus in Berestovitsa

The church is located on Lenin street, mark on the map:

Not far from these places you can see the church and the church in Malaya Berestovitsa. Variants of excursions in Grodno.

5 1 vote
Rate this article
Subscribe
notice
0 Comment
Inline feedback
View all comments