In the Volozhinsky district, Minsk region, there is an urban-type settlement Ivenets. One of the main attractions of which is Church of St. Michael the Archangel.
Ivenets church known as "White". Erected in the middle of the 18th century under the command of the count Yana Solloguba, at the monastery of the Franciscans.
The temple is made in the architectural style late baroque, known as "Vilenskoe".
Initially White Church in Ivyanets belonged to the monastery of the Franciscans.
The church is a cross basilica, divided into 3 naves, above which rise five-tiered towers. Inside there are 3 altars, which are decorated with rococo sculptural stucco.
Church in Ivyanets began to be erected next to the former wooden temple. The Franciscan monastery was closed in 1863, after the defeat of the Kalinouski uprising. A few years later the church was re-consecrated in Holy Trinity Church. The building of the temple was slightly rebuilt - Orthodox onions appeared on the towers.
However, since 1920, a Catholic parish was reopened here.
As it often happened in those days, after the Second World War Ivenets church closed again. Within its walls, various things were located: a secondary school, shops and even a workshop of the Minsk Design Technological Institute.
In 1990, the Church of St. Michael the Archangel was returned to the Catholics, and in the early 2000s, restoration began. Interesting fact: During its history, the appearance of the church has not changed much. Installed in front of the entrance statue of jesus christ.
Worthy of special attention brama, the time of the Franciscan order. In addition, the residential buildings of the monastery survived.
White Church is located at the intersection Pushkin and May 1 streets, dot below:
In the village of Ivenets it is still interesting to visit Church of St. Alexis. If possible, try to look into Rudnya village. There is abandoned sanatorium Lesnoye и ruins of the Tyszkiewicz estate. See others sights of Belarus on the map.