Sights of Pinsk

The history of the city dates back to the 11th century, the first mention in 1097. Before becoming a part The Republic Belarus, Pinsk managed to be part of Turovsky principality, the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, the Commonwealth, the Russian Empire, the Ukrainian People's Republic, Poland. Поэтому sights of Pinsk are of real historical and cultural value. Alas, the wars and uprisings that passed through the city destroyed many of them.

pinsk dostoprimechatelnosti photo

Pinsk is located in the south Belarus. Got the name thanks to Pina river, on the banks of which it was erected. Pinsk is often called "the capital of Polissya».

city ​​pinsk belarus

With its beauty and comfort, the city attracted and inspired many talented people. Famous people lived here Turgenev, Glinka, Kuprin, Gumilyov, Block. And also Dunin-Martsinkevich, Konopnitskaya, Leskov, Kapustsinsky, Kolas, Korotkevich, Kraszewski, lizards.

pinsk what posmotret

staroe photo pinsk

Of course, Pinsk is also known by other names. For example, a hero of the Great Patriotic War lived here Vasiliev Alexander Karpovich.

dom istoricheskiy pinsk

And the first President of the State of Israel Chaim Weizmann graduated from the Pinsk school. Golda Meir spent her childhood in Pinsk.

ulica gogolia pinsk

What to see in Pinsk?

Pinsk takes the second place (after Grodno) in the Republic Belarus by the number of surviving architectural monuments. After all, various buildings were erected here over the centuries. They combined traditions, eras, styles, the spirit of the time. Let's talk about the main attractions of the city.

Palace of Butrimovich

Mateusz Butrimovich was a prominent political figure. It was he who initiated the construction. The construction of the palace began September 9, 1784 and lasted 10 years. The ceremony of laying the first stone was attended by the last king of the Commonwealth Stanislav August Poniatowski.

The architecture of the building is designed in a mixed style. The tandem of baroque and classicism consists of three buildings. Once upon a time there were more than 10 ceremonial halls in the main building! The palace, not so pompous from the outside, was striking in its luxury. In the side buildings there were living quarters where important people of that time rested.

old photo, source: globe of Belarus

After the death of Butrimovich, the palace passed into the possession of his daughter, and later his granddaughter. The girl was the wife of Alexander Skyrmunta. Dynasty Skirmuntov kept family heirlooms within the walls of the palace. An impressive collection of all kinds of art objects burned down in a fire in 1901. And the rest were stolen.

Today, "Butrimovich's Palace" or as it is called by the people "Pinsky Moor" plays the role of the registry office. It also housed a branch of the Museum of Belarusian Polissya.

Jesuit Collegium

One of the most famous sights of Pinsk. The collegium is made in the Renaissance and Baroque style. This splendor was built in the middle of the 17th century. An impressive building adorns the main square of the city. Walls more than two meters high, underground passages, cellars - all this once belonged to the Jesuit order.

pinsk collegium iezuitov poshyk info

pinsk collegium iezuitov

Under the rule of time, repressions, wars, only the facade of the building retained its original appearance. Inside Jesuit Collegium long since lost its true form.

pinsk collegium iezuitov 2

On the ground floor, spacious classrooms, a dining room and utility rooms were equipped. Monks lived on the second floor, a library was equipped. Multilingual documents, manuscripts, certificates and of course books - all this is at free disposal for students of the collegium. Approximately 700 young men studied here every year.

iezuitskiy collegium v ​​pinske photo
During the Great Patriotic War, the building was badly damaged. The presence of a large area, convenient for the location of several organizations in it, saved the collegium from demolition. It was restored and in 1953 was given the status of a monument of history and culture of Republican significance. And after the restoration, which took place in 1996, the building became the home for the Museum of Belarusian Polissya.

Bernardine Monastery: St. Barbara's Cathedral

Grand Hetman Lithuanian Prince Mikhail Vishnevetsky founded in Pinsk a Catholic monastery of priests - Bernardines. It was in 1705. The church existed until 1831. Then, by order of the local authorities, it was converted into an Orthodox church.

monastir-v-pinskeAfter the reconstruction, the roof of the temple was decorated with an onion-type dome. Only the figured pediment that has survived to this day reminds of the past appearance. It emphasizes the main facade of the building, divided into three parts by pilasters of a large order.

sviatai-varvara-pinskNow the temple belongs to the parish church of St. Barbara. The walls have preserved the painting of the early classicism. Orthodox Christians come here to bow their heads before the shrine - the icon of the Mother of God Hodegetria Jerusalem. And of course, to ask for help or to thank the Holy Great Martyr Barbara, whose relics rest in the temple.

Church of St. Charles baromea

It is impossible to pass by this whitish building with a roof of red tiles. Simple, laconic lines and strict, clear forms of this building have been decorating Pinsk for 200 years.

karla baromeia kostel pinsk

Church in Pinsk
In 1695, secular priests arrived in the city directly from Italy. They actively engaged in social activities, taught children. In Pinsk, priests opened a seminary in a simple wooden house. Things went uphill, and already in 1770 it was decided to start building the temple. Construction lasted 12 years. In 1782 the church received its first parishioners. Then he was consecrated, in honor of St. Charles baromea.

kostel v pinske photo

After the war, the building remains abandoned. Local authorities decide on the reconstruction of the church. The computer organ of the company is installed here.Allon". Since then, the church has been playing the role of a concert hall.

Church of the Resurrection the speaker

Ancient churches, temples, cathedrals - often become a haven for premises of a completely different purpose. Supplies are stored here, museums or even concert halls are organized.

cerkov v pinske

And the Church of the Resurrection the speaker used to be a cinema! Initially, a Dominican church was built here, it was back in 1667. The Soviet authorities demolished the temple in 1950, clearing the area for the Druzhba cinema.

Cinema Druzhba Pinsk
photo by Alexander Gidirimsky

"Friendship" existed for 44 years. After the land and the cinema building returned to the Orthodox Church. Domes were attached to the projectionist's cabin, and a shop was organized at the box office. And on the site of the movie screen there was a prayer hall.

Franciscan monastery

dostoprimechatelnosti pinska 2

The first, still wooden, walls of the monastery were laid back in 1396. The buildings, as we see them now, were built later - 1706 - 1730.

ave maria pinsk

Today, the entire complex of the monastery is included in the list of historical and cultural heritage The Republic of Belarus. It occupies a rather vast territory - between the Pina River and the main street of the city of Pinsk.

monastir franciskance pinsk

Church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary - the main part of the Franciscan monastery. The whole ensemble is made in the Baroque style.

monastir franciskancev pinsk poshyk info

The inside of the church is just as majestic as the outside. The interior is decorated with wooden baroque sculptures, frescoes and paintings. Artist Rudzinsky painted vaults and circumferential arches of the temple in 1909.

kliashtar franciskance pinsk

statue kostel devi marii

Another feature of the cathedral is the ancient organ. His sound is definitely worth listening to. Moreover, this can be done during almost every service.

Homestead Skirmuntov "Albrechtovo"

Skirmunts - the dynasty is truly unique. This clan gave Polesie writers, politicians, clergymen, artists, reformers and entrepreneurs. The estate "Albrechtovo» passes into the possession of this dynasty, after the purchase Shimon Skyrmunt.

old photo, source: Globe of Belarus

His grandson Alexander is building a manor house there, an outbuilding. Over time"Albrechtovo» becomes a full-fledged industrial center Pinsk region. And again, time makes its own adjustments. The manor was practically destroyed, only the walls remained. The reconstruction of the building, carried out in 2008, "breathed life" into the almost disappeared building.

The house where he lived Jakub Kolas

The three years the writer spent in Pinsk played an important role in the fate of the poet and writer. Here Jakub Kolas worked as a teacher at the school. Met Maria Kamenskayawho became his wife. Their son Danila Mitskevich was born in Pinsk. Here the autobiographical trilogy "On rosstans».

the house where yakub kolas lived in pinsk
photo by Alexander Gidirimsky

Has stopped Jakub Kolas in the house of the railway paramedic. The building, in which the poet's family lived, still keeps the trace of this talented person. The house was built in the late XNUMXth - early XNUMXth centuries on Vodoprovodnaya Street (now Chuklaia).

Embankment and river station

The embankment can be considered a separate, independent attraction of Pinsk. The active youth of the city rebuilt it in 1948. After 60 years, the city acquired another - the "new" embankment, the length of which was three hundred meters.

rechnoi port v pisnke

Subsequently, the "old" and "new" embankments were merged. The neat paths of the Pinsk embankment lead to a wooden, white and blue building - this is nothing more than a local river station. An example of Polesie's wooden architecture reminds of the time when the city was on the famous route "from the Varangians to the Greeks".

Today, ships also ply on Pina. On some you can make water excursions around the city. Motor ship "Pinsk" makes walks for everyone every day, except Monday.

old photo of pinsk
photo by Alexander Gidirimsky

City of Pinsk continues to build up. Now with modern buildings. These adjustments make it absolutely versatile. Here, ancient traditions and modern life coexist side by side. The spirit of history and the future.

old photos of pinsk
photos of Alexander Gidirimsky

The wide soul of the city comes to life in its ancient temples, cathedrals and churches. And a big heart is in hospitable residents. This combination makes Pinsk an attractive and friendly city, which is definitely worth getting to know better.

3.7 3 vote
Rate this article
Subscribe
notice
0 Comment
Inline feedback
View all comments