Tenement houses of Minsk, as part of the history of the city

income income - This is a small private building, which is used for the purpose of renting apartments and premises. This type of activity was especially popular at the turn of the 19th century in Europe. If you look for similar terminology, then today's apartments are a kind of the same tenement houses. V Minsk there were many such buildings. Often such apartment buildings were erected by wealthy citizens. Why are such buildings interesting for a modern tourist who wants to see Minsk? It's simple - most of these buildings historical heritage with a rich history. In this article, we will consider the most significant and interesting tenement houses in Minsk.

  1. Profitable house of Unikhovsky 1904
  2. House of Abrampolsky 1913
  3. House of Zalkind
  4. Profitable house Malina
  5. Ofley's house
  6. Profitable house of the nobleman Yanitsky
  7. House of Freemasons
  8. Profitable house of Pinkhusovich

Profitable house of Unikhovsky (Sovetskaya, 19)

The building was built at the beginning of the 20th century according to the design of the architect Heinrich Gay and combined the features of neoclassicism and modernity. Owned tenement house Ludwig Unihovskywhose family left the country in 1920. Just after the departure, the building was nationalized; at various times, state organizations and apartments of the Soviet intelligentsia were located here.

Profitable house of Kostrovitskaya (Sovietskaya st., 19)

The former tenement house of Unikhovsky is often confused with a similar building built in 1904 by Jadwiga Kostrovitskaya. The buildings are very similar and located side by side. With the difference that Kostrovitskaya's profitable house was destroyed in the 60s. After the revolution, the building became the property of the state and was preserved in history under the name “House of Metalworkers".

Profitable house of Kostrovitskaya

House of Abrampolsky (Sovetskaya, 17)

Next to the Profitable House of Jadwiga Kostrovitskaya, another building of a similar purpose was erected. The house belonged to the director of one of the Minsk banks Emmanuel Abrampolsky. The house was built in the Art Nouveau style according to the project of the architect Stanislav Gaidukevich in 1912-13 years.

House of Abrampolsky (Sovetskaya st., 17)

After the revolution, the house passed to the Bolsheviks. At various times, there were apartments of the most significant representatives of the party and economic leadership of the BSSR. The building was called "First House of Soviets". At the moment, the UKS of the Minsk City Executive Committee is located in this old house.

House of Abrampolsky

House of Zalkind (Revolutionary, 24)

Another apartment building in Minsk was favorably located on Revolutionary Street, 24. It was built in 1810 (according to other sources later). Originally built by a tradesman Alexander Vogel. At the end of the 19th century, the house already belonged to a wealthy family Zalkind. True, a few years later, in 1910, the building was bought out. Until the age of 13, a prestigious women's gymnasium will be located here, after an elementary school, and then a hostel.

House of Zalkind (Revolutionary, 24)

At the time of writing, the building has been completely renovated and is waiting for new tenants.

Profitable house Malin (Volodarsky, 9)

On Volodarsky Street, 9, you can see an apartment building from the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Initially, it was built with the aim of generating income from renting out apartments. In 1912, the building housed a bank, and the top floor was occupied by the construction department of the Western Front. In 18, the presidium of the BNR Council met in the apartment building of Malin, which adopted the 3rd Statutory Charter on the independence of Belarus in this very place.

tenement house raspberry

Today the building has been restored and most of the premises are rented out for offices and institutions.

Profitable house Ofli (Kupala st., 5)

The house belonged to the Turk Ahmed Ofli, who at the end of the 19th century opened his own business in Minsk selling confectionery and bakery products. Minsk residents liked cakes, muffins, cookies, and soon confectionery Ofli, which were called "Constantinople", were distributed throughout the city.

house ofley

In addition, the entrepreneur built several more profitable houses, in one of which he lived with his family. The building has survived to our time, was recently restored.

Ofley tenement house

Profitable house of the nobleman Yanitsky (Sovetskaya, 14)

Built in the Art Nouveau style on Sovetskaya Street, 14, the house was one of the most prestigious in Minsk. It was well landscaped, already at that time it was equipped with running water, sewerage, bathrooms, toilets. Only the richest and most high-ranking people of the capital could afford to rent an apartment in this building. For example, at the beginning of the 20th century, the Minsk vice-governor Mekonov-Kayutov, the notary Shcherbakov, the noblewoman Kostrovitskaya, General Istomin lived here.

house of the nobleman Yanitsky

During the Second World War, the building was badly damaged, but in 1947 it was restored. True, with a number of changes in the layout. At the end of the 20th century, a decision was made to restore the old house. In the course of which the building acquired the maximum possible similarity with the original building.

House of Freemasons (per. Musical, d.5).

This old house in Minsk is shrouded in legend. It is believed that in the early 19th century the building was built by a landowner Yan Khodko specifically for holding secret meetings of Freemasons. There is no reliable information, there are only assumptions. But one of the facts behind such a legend is that the house itself, with architectural elements of early classicism and baroque style, was built in the shape of a Masonic cross.

House of Freemasons

In Soviet times, the house was transferred to living quarters, and after that it was located Museum of the History of Theater and Musical Culture of the Republic of Belarus.

House of Freemasons Minsk
old photo

Profitable house of Pinkhusovich (street Storozhevskaya, 5).

This old house was built in Minsk in the second half of the 19th century. Initially, it was a private building, then the owner decided to rent it out. For a long time he surrendered to the imperial barracks. The 9th and 10th companies of the Serpukhov regiment were stationed here. At the moment it is a residential building with part of the office space.

Pinkhusovich's house

Oldе houseа Vigdorchik in Minsk. House on the street. Troitskaya embankment, 6 was built in the 19th century and belonged to the politician, publicist, revolutionary Natan Vigdorchik. The father of Yanka Kupala, Dominik Lutsevich, rented a house here for a short time.

Vigdorchik's house

Now in this beautiful old house there is a private gallery "Famous Masters".

Vigdorchik's old house (4 Herzen St.), the construction of which also dates back to the 19th century. Famous for being 1905-1907 there was a safe house of members of the Minsk organization of the RSDLP. The building has been restored at the moment.

Beilin's House (Zaborsky St., 3)

Beilin's former apartment building is located in Trinity Suburb. The time of construction dates back to the middle or end of the 19th century. The building belongs to apartment buildings intended for renting out apartments. Zhores Alferov, a Soviet and Russian physicist of Belarusian origin, winner of the Nobel Prize in Physics in 2000, lived in the old Beilin house in Minsk during his school years.

Minsk is a young and modern city, but there are still corners in it where you can find an old private or tenement house that remembers it in a completely different way. They keep the history, the spirit of the era when our capital was mostly one-story. From them breathes antiquity, and being next to such old houses, it seems that you are briefly transported into the past.

LEAVE AN ANSWER

Enter your comment
Your name