If you are looking for unusual historical places of Belarus, then it is worth visiting the Korelichi district. There is a village in this area May Day, in which ruins of the estate complex "Obrina". On the territory of this once majestic estate, you can still see the structure of the Raevsky-Kashitsy times.
The name of the estate comes from the name of an old manor - Obrino, this is exactly what the village of Pervomaiskaya used to be called.
In the annals, the first mention of this place dates back to the first half of the 16th century. The lands at different times were owned by: Ratomsky, Kharitonovichi, Obrinskiye (perhaps the name maentka came from them), Khodkevichi.
Construction of the estate, which, judging by the picture Napoleon Orda rather resembled a palace, it began even when Konstantin Dunin-Raetsky in the 30s, 19th century. The main building included 5 buildings, and a large park was located around them. Also on the territory there were outbuildings, some of which can be seen today.
The history of the estate Kashytsy "Obrina"
The estate, which is captured in old photographs, was formed by 1839 after the death of Konstantin Raetsky. From him, the estate passed into the possession of his daughter Sophia and her husband Jozef Kashytsya, this is how representatives of another ancient family of Belarus appear in the history of Obrin - gruel.
Manor Kashitsey-Raetsky conveniently located on the banks of a small stream Obrinka. Central to the composition was a large manor house, somewhat reminiscent of a real castle.
The front side was distinguished by a massive portico and had 2 floors with an attic, and the park side - as many as three floors with a basement. To the left of the main façade a terrace and an entrance alley with a front door for carriages are decorated. An atypical element of the development of the complex is the adjoining building of a high wings.
Unlike the wing, the manor was destroyed to the ground, in its place is now a small one-story building.
The main part of the complex included 3 more buildings, clearly visible in old photographs.
These buildings were made of large rubble stone, brick and wood, separated from the manor house by a chestnut alley and a road with a bridge.
The barn, which miraculously came down to us in the form of ruins, had three floors, was built in 1839, this is evidenced by the foundation stone.
To the left of the barn was an unusual building - lamus. Its lower floors were used as an ice building, and the upper ones were used for the needs of workers (there were 4 floors in total). An interesting fact is that a clock with chimes was located on the towers of the lyamus, perhaps with their help they informed about the beginning and end of the working day.
The second outbuilding, rather modest in size, was located closer to the river and the stables.
The stable was built already in the later times of Kasice, the date 1912 is preserved on the facade.
The park area of the Obrin estate did not have a clear outline - the trees were not planted in a line - this gave the park a natural look. Along the alley there were other outbuildings: a cheese factory, a forge and a brovar. The estate remained behind Kashitsy-Raevsky until 1939, when the Bolsheviks confiscated the estate.
The estate was destroyed in the war and early post-war years. The last owner of the estate, Felix Kashica, was shot (he was suspected of conspiring with the Germans).
On the territory of the manor and park complex Obrina is partially preserved family chapel-tomb, the ruins of which are located in the far part of the park.
Below is a point with the placement of the ruins of the barn from which it is better to start exploring this place.
Three kilometers from the Kasicey estate is the village of Eremichi, where you can visit Ascension Churchbuilt in 1867. Another interesting attraction of the region is the ruins of the Trinity Church in Berezovets.