If traveling from Polotsk в Disnu along the P14 highway, then there will be a small village along the way Bezdedovichiwhere you can see the manor house and chapel-tomb of the Rimsky-Korsakov family, today - the Church of the Iberian Icon of the Mother of God.
The chapel was built by representatives of the Korsaks in the first half of the 20th century, completed in 1910 year. Visually, the temple consists of two parts: the lower one is made of large rubble stone, and the upper one is made of red brick.
The building is distinguished by a large octagonal drum, decorated with a kokoshnik at the base. The roof ends with a traditional onion dome. In front of the entrance is a massive locker on 2 large columns. According to its architecture, the chapel can be attributed to the pseudo-Russian style.
Probably representatives of the Rimsky-Korsakovs were never buried in this tomb. After the revolution of 1917, they left Bezdedovichi and never returned.
Their estate housed a machine and tractor repair station, and then a nursing care hospital. The fate of the chapel-tomb is rather vague, there is very little information. It is known that in the 90s it was partially repaired and transferred to the parish of the church in the neighboring village of Shpakovshchina. Now it operates as an independent Orthodox church.
Church in Bezdedovichi stands on a hillock near the road, so there is no way to pass by, for convenience, below is a point with a mark on the map:
Works in these parts ferry across the Western Dvinaconnecting Disna and Lunacharskoye.