Eindhoven is a city in the Netherlands, located in the province of North Brabant, well known as a center of technological and innovative development. In addition, tourists often come here, using the local airport as a “transit” point. It is explained by the fact that popular low-cost airlines fly to Eindhoven for little money. In this article, we will understand how to get from Eindhoven Airport to the city center.
There are several ways to get to the city center from the airport. Here are some of them:
- The most convenient and common is, of course, public transport, namely the bus.
Buses run regularly from the airport to the center of Eindhoven. Line 400 (or others, depending on the schedule) connects the airport with the Eindhoven railway station (Eindhoven Centraal Station).
Travel time is approximately 25-30 minutes. The bus timetable can be seen on the scoreboard near the bus stop (photo below).
The easiest way to buy a ticket is through the terminal under the “Bus ticket” display. Available languages: English, French, German and Dutch. All operations are intuitive, there is an option to buy a round-trip ticket immediately, or a single trip.
This is how a ticket for a single trip looks like, at the time of my trip the price was 5,20 euro. Please note that payment at the terminal is only available by credit card.
More ways to get to the city:
- Taxi: There are also taxis available at the airport that can take you directly to the city center. Travel time will depend on traffic density.
- Car rental: If you prefer independence, you can rent a car directly at the airport and drive to the center of Eindhoven on your own.
- Bicycles: Eindhoven is a cycling city and you can also rent a bike and ride the bike paths to the city center.
- Shuttle services: It is possible that shuttle services are also provided at the airport, I recommend that you first find out about the availability of such services and their schedule.
Below is the point with the location of the bus stop, which is within walking distance from the airport:
Eindhoven is interesting for its cultural and historical attractions, including museums and architectural monuments. Therefore, I recommend all the same to stay in this city for at least one day. See tour options good hotel with an attractive price.